Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Thinking of College…….

Lectures:
Cows and Bulls, Hangman, Listen intermittently, Giggle, Nod when you meet the lecturer’s gaze.

Labs:
Data sheets – the only thing that costs 25 ps a piece and still no one buys them.
PK supervises connection: “This wire will goes to here aa?”
Copy graphs; also the Aim, Apparatus, Theory, Procedure and Result! And….Inference!

Mass bunk:
Indefinite suspension. Enter HOD’s room. Get blasted for an hour. Blame lecturers. Classes resume.

Two days before internals:
Ask for important questions.

Day before internals:
Beg for important questions. PK gives seven. Shamelessly ask for the most important five.

Internals:
Blue books – sometimes empty, sometimes full. (Before the test I mean!)

First year: Study a week before internals.
Second year: A day before internals.
Third year: During the interval between two internals.
Fourth year: Study? What study?

Three types of people: Those who copy. Those who help others copy. Those who sit in the first bench and do not participate in such activities.

Internal Results:
One whole period wonderfully spent. Bargain for marks. Complete chaos.

Study Holidays:
Krishna Xerox: Bump into school mates you didn’t want to meet.
“I heard the exams are getting postponed”. “Who told you?” “No one, I just heard”!!!!
Exams are on schedule. Mug, mug, mug. I mean “mugs” of coffee!

Day of the exam:
Cram in the bus stop, in the bus, on the walk to the department, outside the exam hall.
“Please check your pockets desks and other places (!!). If you are found to have chits, you will be debarred for three years only” Three years ONLY??

Semester Holidays:
One week breather between semesters.

Results:
Pass. Fail. Revaluation.

Yet another semester……..

17 comments:

Jyothika said...

Awesome post, Gowri! Purrrfecttt!!
Would you mind if I post it on my class blog under your name?It definitely needs some spreading around!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! You have managed to summarize 4 years of college life into this post. Brought back a lot of good memories. Certainly miss those times. Made my day :)

Gowri said...

Jyothika: Sure thing Jyo, will be happy to have my juniors read it. I know one junior who's read my notes, copied my records and photo-copied my text books!! You know who!! :-)) How is she??

Sangeetha: Thanks Sangeetha, the post was a result of missing those wonderful days! :-)

the k factor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the k factor said...

Hahaha...!! Truly amazing post...! Your best...!!

cows and bulls...hangman..yeah. all them time. Every page of my notebooks, 2 inches at the side reserved..!!

The datasheets equation.
Purchase 8 datasheets (for Rs.2) 10 mins before lab.At the end of lab, used one, balance none.

Internals...! zigzag copying...!

Lab internals...bang CRO, liberal use of back calculation techniques...

and a lot more...

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Jaah.... I totally missed out on all that.... Hangman? Cows and bulls, someone said? Even Data sheets...

All that I did was sleep.... continuously, ah, sometimes did wake up and stare blankly at teachers throwing questions at me... So there.

Harish said...

Gowri... nice post.
Since I didn't spend enuff time in class... my summary would have, in addition to this, liberal doses of football, pink book (of course Sethu is the master of that!) and sleeping in the hostel :P
Oh... Gee's data sheet equation, guess who was the data sheet sink?!

Jyothika said...

Thankoo!

Gowri said...

Karthik: How could I forget the CRO's?? If you looked closely, nearly all of them had a "does not work", or an "X" marked on them somewhere! Ditto for training kits in DIC lab; remember?

Shomo: I remember that, and after the nap you'd manage to say enough to confuse the lecturer! Just how did you do that?

Harish: For Sethu, this post was a revelation. Need I say more? :-)

Gowri said...

Mohan: LLOL!!
"I strongly suspect that you were a member of the third category."
You did this to me for not letting you copy from my blue book in the 2nd Internals of DCWS???!!!! How could you Murali! ;-))))

Actually, I didn't mind if ppl copied. It's just that I'd get irritated when they'd ask me to wait, turn back and forth, continue, write slowly, legibly..."HELLO! I'm doing you a favour here!!!" :-))

Lak: Sure! When can I join?? :-))

Gowri said...

Murali!!! I was joking!!!! :-))

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha.. nice one...

-Amogh

Gowri said...

Thanks Amogh! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey toooo good...... just went back to all the mischiefs we used to do at college. Tic-tac-toe and book cricket also used to be among the favorites.... we used to sit down and write all the dialogues spoken by the lecturer sometimes to sit and comment about them later...... and those days when we use to run out of the class backdoor after giving attendance.... man!!!! it was fun :-)

Anonymous said...

socha karte thay kabhi kabhi, kya hota hai yeh college......

Anonymous said...

woh bring boring se lectures, aur lecturers (PK, SV, AP, CHR or whoever for that matter, EXCEPT SuriBabu G.) unsay bar kar,
Gussa utartay thay hum par, aatay biwi se lar kar,
Par hum bhi kisi se kam nahi, apni alag thee hasti,
bas last bench pe kabza thaa, aur puray period masti..
***Sorry basu and dubey sir, but can't forget this song..so close to my heart, still..***

Anonymous said...

Apologies for the mis-spelt word.
Please read "bring" as "boring", above

Dunno, if i'll be here again, so..
HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY!
Jai Hind!