Saturday, January 15, 2005

Changed the name of my blog

Wondering why u haven't noticed the change? Well, I changed it right back. Last night, just before dozing off, i was thinking of all the interesting people in my life so far who should find a mention in my blog; and suddenly I thought it would be appropriate to re-christen my blog to "Of the people; For the people; By Gowri". After all, its about people that i was going to write and the name fit the bill perfectly. Soon after i woke up this morning, afternoon actually(!) I did what was required. Somehow, when i logged in again to see the new name, it didn't seem quite right. The meaning was alright and i also thought of dedicating a piece to explain the change; but it didn't sound good.
I realised that a wordy title gives away too much about the content to the reader and narrows down the spectrum of subjects for the author. As a result, the reader might not be interested in reading at all after having concluded from the title what to expect and the writer might suspend writing certain articles as they do not do justice to the title.
"Life Is Beautiful" is succint and nice; I'll stick to it. After all, Life Is Beautiful. Touchwood.

No comments: