Thursday, January 20, 2005

Parent Trap (read Net)

I love reading mail, personal mails, not forwards. So what do I do when i haven't got any new mails in my inbox? I shamelessly check Sethu's and my bro's mail !! Not all mails, just the ones that are marked read and are from someone known to me ! (Deepu, urs is the last mailbox i raid, don't worry !)

This morning, I thought i should peep into daddy's mailbox. I created his email id for him, so, I am entitled to see it. Besides, there are only mails from me in there. :-) I logged in and was in for a Big surprise. Firstly, anna has been checking his mails regularly, there was not a single unread mail ! And to think, he asked me when I first arrived here, if he had to connect to the internet before logging into yahoo ! Secondly, I saw a single unread mail which said, "Card Details". I clicked on it and saw that anna had managed to send a card to Sethu for his birthday !! I clicked on the card, and saw that he had done everything perfectly, the card header, footer, message, everything was in place. He had also chosen the date of delivery of the card as 22nd, and not left the default "today" option as is. But there was one small mistake because of which the card would never land in sethu's mailbox. He had missed the "_" in the email id. I will tell him about it and I am sure he will correct the mistake. I just told him yesterday the steps to follow to send a card and he has managed to do it all by himself ! There's just one thing I can say, I am proud of you anna !

This reminds me of something Brinda had told me sometime back.
Brinda's mom too, like my dad knew nothing about computers when Brinda had left for the US. She said, she had just created an e-mail account for her mom and had taught her to chat. During one of her stopovers, she had mailed her mom from the transit lounge in the airport and by the time she had arrived in the US, she had her mom's reply to the mail, in her Inbox; much to her delight !

It's not easy learning stuff at their age, but they do learn. It just makes you realise how much you mean to them !