Monday, January 24, 2005

Its raining movies !

Sethu and I have watched so many movies in the last fortnight ! It wouldn't be wrong to say I've watched more English movies in the last few days than I have in my whole lifetime, in fact I've lost count of the number of flicks we've seen. The best ones I thought were - Remember the Titans, an old one, but very good nonetheless, The Terminal for Tom Hanks' brilliant performance and Harold and Kumar - a complete laugh riot !

I also watched and for the first time understood an awesome Tamil movie - Nayagan. With Mani Ratnam calling the shots and Illayaraja scoring the music and Kamal Hassan playing the lead, it cannot be an ordinary movie. It was the most touching movie I saw in a long time. Kamal Hassan is so good as Velu Naayakar that you almost believe you are seeing the man himself in flesh and blood. The story, screenplay and direction are in one word - impeccable. I had heard that Mani Ratnam was a great movie maker, now I saw for myself. Its a 'must see'.


3 comments:

Gowri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gowri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Also see , Ithayathai Thirudathae , Mauna Raagam , Thalapathi . Hope you would have seen Roja.