Thursday, May 12, 2005

All About Attitude

A link on Mohan's blog, took me to this site which determines one's probable death date based on a few details about one's lifestyle.

When I was totally honest, it said I was going to die at the age of 57. Now, 57 is waaaaay too young to die. Forget grandchildren, this means I would die even before my children think of getting married!

To push the date further, I lowered my BMI by four points and my life span increased by 7 years. 64 is a good age to die, but now in a mood to experiment, I changed my mode from "Pessimistic" to "Optimistic" and Voila! I'm going to live till the age of 103!

The test may not be accurate, but it makes you think if a positive attitude is all it takes to live a longer life? Maybe. Shedding the negativity and turning optimistic is easier said than done....there I go again. But then, I don't want to live a hundred years...

9 comments:

Harish said...

On the other hand, I could die right now... so why worry about when I'll die?!

Baejaar said...

Hey 57 might be young but "before my children think of getting married!" is an exaggeration. I am ready to bet that when you are 57, you will have a grand child. Lets come back to this blog after few decades and lets see who wins the bet.

Gowri said...

Harish: You are right, everything about life is unpredictable, death included. It's just that I love taking these tests, they're good fun!

Baejaar: "I am ready to bet that when you are 57, you will have a grand child." !!!!
This is a bigger prediction than my death date!! Let's come back, 33 saal baad and check!! ;-))

Gowri said...

LOL!! The hangover has hung over pretty long!

Baejaar said...

Let me add your marriage is on Mar 17 200* (Do u expect a professional consultant to reveal every detail free?) And your daughter's is on July 29 2032 (couldnt resist this time though) And let us all have a get-together on your birthday along with your grandson in 2038.

Anyway I am sure this blog is standing proof of the bet we have entered into? I am sure, I will win this. But waiting 33 years to confirm and collect the spoils is the sad part.

Gowri said...

ROTFL!!!
Your first prediction itself is false, how can I trust you on the rest?! :))
"Let me add your marriage is on Mar 17 200* "
Actually, it WAS on Sept 26 2004!! :))

Baejaar said...

Hey your marriage was supposed to happen on March 17. By organizing your marriage on some other day, you are trying to fight the stars. Now you need to do puja to appease the stars.

Just kidding. What if my first prediction was slightly off the mark, wait for the rest. I am still sticking to my guns, july 29 it is.

Krish said...

Sorry I almost forgot about you. Meanwhile, I have missed out on some nice posts including some poems. Hope life is otherwise on an even keel :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello -> Gowri <- I just wanted to let you know that this post was an interesting read and well presented. Just my two cents.

Regards,
Improve yourself